Which Exam to Give for Which Course to Study Abroad

Which Exam to Give for Which Course to Study Abroad

Every indian planning to study abroad have to give one language and one standardised exam in order to go through the admission process. There are many universities or colleges in varying countries which exempt you for giving a standardised exam but you still need a language exam such an English proficiency test. If it is mandatory to give a standardised exam also, you will be required to show their test results before applying for an admission.

Language Exams to study abroad

This is the exam that represents your English proficiency skills. It is must for getting an admission in any institute or college of an English speaking country. It is required for courses: 

  • Undergraduate
  • Postgraduate
  • Diplomas and Certificates

Three Basic English Proficiency exams that you can take to study abroad: 

  1. IELTS-  International English language Testing System
  2. TOEFL- Test of English as a Foreign Language
  3. PTE- Pearson Test of English

Usually universities or colleges in Canada and US prefer students with TOEFL English proficiency test while in UK, Australia and New Zealand, they prefer IELTS. PTE is accepted in some colleges of UK and US.

Standardised Tests to study abroad

These are the exams that vary for varying courses. You are required to give only one standardised test for a single course of your choice. Here are some of the details for standardised exams and their genre courses.